1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama Administration launches "Attack Watch"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Sep 13, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Beautiful.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Been in the same room as a couple of Presidents. Never had a problem with the Secret Service. You basically just give 'em your name, birthday, and Social security number in advance.

3. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

But if you give 5 bucks, you might get a dinner with him.

15 bucks might get you dinner and dessert...and of course espresso.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

$25 gets you something called the "Great Alaska Shootout."

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I had a million more times with security and access at any number of sports events than I did covering Reagan at some hi-tech factory in suburban Mass in 1983. And he'd already been shot once.

6. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Did someone say something about amateur hour?

7. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Back when I was reporting, Lyndon Johnson's top guy gave me the word they were looking for a successor to J. Edgar Hoover. I wrote it and the day it appeared Johnson called a press conference and appointed Hoover head of the FBI for life." I took a lot of static for that--everyone said, "You did it, you screwed up--you stuck us with Hoover forever." I screwed up but I wasn't wrong.

8. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-XYKRokgX00

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Another one.

Note the signature. Similar e-mails signed by the president and his campaign manager. I can't decide whether this is all on behalf of the administration or the campaign.

(Name Redacted) --

You got an email from the President a couple days ago, inviting you to sit down to dinner with him.

I know some people might think this is just some kind of trick or something. It's not.

The fact is that someday soon, four people reading this note right now will be on a plane to have dinner with President Obama in Washington, or Chicago, or wherever he might be that day.

Think about that for a second. The four people who win will sit down with the President of the United States of America -- not for a two-minute photo-op or a quick meet-and-greet, but for a private meal with face-to-face conversation. That's just not something too many people will ever get to do.

The President obviously has very little time to spend on anything related to the campaign. And this is how he chooses to spend it -- having real, substantive conversations with people like you.

This is really something you should be a part of.

Donate $5 today and you'll be automatically entered for the chance to have dinner with the President and three other supporters.

Worst-case scenario: you don't get selected. But if you donate, you'll have pitched in to support an organization that's funded at the grassroots level by folks across the country -- not Washington lobbyists or special-interest PACs. You'll have given this campaign a boost, however small, to hire organizers, open offices, and build our organization this fall so it's ready for the hard work ahead of us.

And best-case scenario, you'll find yourself sitting across the dinner table from President Obama.

So give it a shot -- donate $5 or more today:

https://donate.barackobama.com/Dinner

Thanks,

Messina

Jim Messina
    Campaign Manager
    Obama for America

10. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

This is like Senior Class President campaign stuff. Seriously, win a dinner with Obama? That's a prize? I would love to have dinner with him, but I doubt he would have a very good time.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I guess this has to be real since they aren't denying it. Fuck, what a bunch of amateurs.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Who would have a good time having dinner with you?

Draft saved Draft deleted