1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama Administration Justifies Targeted Killings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Mar 5, 2012.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I guess John Yoo wasn't available.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So Barack was against it before he was in favor of it?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And of course if he ordered it to stop: "Appeaser, weak on terrorism, candy-ass."

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Do you think this administration's arguments won't be based on precedents set by the previous administration?

5. Armchair_QB

Yeah but the Democrats said it was illegal when Bush did it. Is this more of the "change" we heard about in 2008?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You're catching on. :D

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

No, I think the change is terrorists such as bin Laden who pose a threat to our nation, and who have attacked US military and civilian targets, are actually effectively being hunted down and eliminated.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"They shouldn't have hunted Osama so aggressively" does not strike me as a great tactic for the GOP to make hay in an election year. But they are free to try.

9. Armchair_QB

I hope they keep it up but the hypocrisy is breath-taking. I just hope they didn't water board anybody...

And I guess all the terrorists killed during the previous administration don't count?

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

A lot of us said it was illegal then and say it's illegal now. I'd be more inclined to listen to partisan gloating if Republicans hadn't worked so hard to justify torture and assassination last go 'round.

11. Armchair_QB

In their defense it sure has made things easier for Obama.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Funny to see them all elbowing one another out of the way to fall into step behind the ACLU.

Draft saved Draft deleted