1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama acts "white"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Run, Jesse, run. Your mouth that is.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Plenty if you're a poverty pimp like Jesse. If Obama wins Jesse may actually have to get a job.

3. 3/26/1988: Michigan Primary (D): Jackson 53.5%, Dukakis 29.0%, Gephardt 12.8%, Simon 2.1%, Gore 2.0%.

When Obama gets a result like that, y'all get back to me.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If Obama's top in-party competition was Dukakis, he'd get that easily.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Then why didn't Jackson receive the nomination?

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I doubt it is this calculated... But this could be a brilliant ploy. Jackson is reviled by many whites. If he says, Obama is not black enough (i.e. not enough like Jackson), it is undoubtedly going to make Obama less threatening to whites who actually are threatened by a black man running for office. All of a sudden those people who won't vote for a black guy (but would never admit they are racist) are thinking, "He's a gentle black man who acts white. I can vote for him." or "Sure his skin is black. But he doesn't ACT black."

Would be smart if they actually were working in cahoots. Of course, that isn't the case.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Obama is half white, so maybe it's not an act.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

So this is ACT I and we are awaiting ACT II?

9. Uh, because he didn't win enough primaries?
    Obama has yet to win one, so let's see.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Wow, that line-up behind Jesse looks like the political equivalent of the Marx Brothers.

11. Yeah, let's see.
    The eventual nominee.
    The leader of his party in the House of Representatives.
    A senator at least as well-known and respected in his party as, say, Barack Obama.
    The eventual vice-president and a guy who got half-a-million popular votes more than the other guy he ran against the only time he ran for president again.
    Yeah, serious D-list material.
    Historically. Jesse's more than the punching bag he is on this board. He's also registered more new voters than anyone else in the history of the party-- and they happened to be the voters who saved Bill Clinton's hide for him.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Fen --
    Yes, he's done some great things. Some amazing -- like, getting away with racial slurs against Jews, hypocracy of a REVEREND fathering his mistress' baby, and assorted inane utterings like saying someone is "acting white." Any other politician does these? Toast. But Jesse keeps coming back. Amazing resilience. But I don't want him anywhere near public office.

Draft saved Draft deleted