1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

O.J. suspect in Las Vegas robbery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I swear, this is where I thought your post was going when I started reading it.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

This is going to evolve into a laugh riot.

Can't wait.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

All I know is I ain't buying anything from OJ on ebay anymore. Plus, I'm gonna give him such a bad rating.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

This take place in the tower, or the motel-like portion of Palace?

Glad they decided they didn't like my play anymore, years ago . . . sounds like it's going
    downscale, if the house security can't isolate a thug like O. J. when they see him.

5. The sad thing about this sensationalized story is, you know that if Larry Csonka gets arrested soon for shoplifting, he'll get a pass in the court of public opinion.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not sure I get your point. You're comparing Bills and Dolphins.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Well played.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Yeah, can we merge these all? I keep forgetting on which one I've clicked.

9. rallen13

rallen13 Member

Sorry! As I said, my comments weren't intended to start a guilty/innocent debate. The info about the pension (of which I was not aware, or of it's source) is more along the lines of my intent and the thing about two armed men I must have missed or it came out after my original post. However, it seems that if Goldman can take the tropy, then why not the pension? That is my point. Guilty as charged may be the REAL verdict on O.J., but I still can't be comfortable with Goldman. I think he truly weeps over his son, but I also think he is looking at the Gold(man) Lining and has since the initial shock of the first trial wore off.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The pension is protected. It can't be seized by the court or anyone else.

Everything else OJ does is set up legally so the courts and the Goldmans can't touch it. In fact, the dipshit who was going to publish OJ's book originally claimed it was OK because a trust was set up to make sure the money went to OJ's kids. Uh, no.. the trust was set up to keep the money away from the Goldmans, who aren't getting a dime of the money they are legally owed.

OJ has absolutely thumbed his nose at the Goldmans from day one, after killing Fred Goldman's child. Fred Goldman knows he'll never get the money OJ owes him... so when he has an opportunity to jab OJ in the ribs, he takes it. Good for him.

11. boots

boots New Member

Fuck the Goldmans. The shit has been over. Old man Goldman is greedy and guilty of carrying a vendetta. The man was found innocent. It's over. I'm sorry for Goldman's loss but his greed has made me turn against him.
    As for the juice, fuck him too. He'll get his in the end if he indeed did it. For now, let him live his life. Damn, the guy can't get a job at fucking McDonald's.
    Leave him alone.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This is a little off topic but how fucked up is it that somebody would pay money to own the suit O.J. was wearing the day he beat the rap?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.