1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

O.J. Simpson audio clip

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dan Rydell, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

TMZ posts audio of The Juice and his little dust-up:

http://www.tmz.com/2007/09/17/o-j-confrontation-caught-on-tape/

I suppose maybe it's real, but ya never know in this circus act.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It's real enough that Jim Rome is playing it now

3. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

I've heard it a couple of times, and I can't find anything substantive in there at all. The whole thing seems inflammatory and I see little there beyond shock value. Kudos to the WWL for getting back to journalistic basics.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I haven't read the OJ thread, but am I the only one who thinks it was irresponsible for Larry King to interview the victim? Doesn't that taint the prosecution's case? And if this recording is authentic, it proves to me that OJ was set up to fall. And that is not me defending the double-murderer; but this whole thing doesn't pass the smell test for me.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Brilliant scheme by those who were out to get O.J. Brilliant stuff, how he walked right into it.

So they find a patsy (the guy who called O.J. to tell him about the stolen stuff), and you know O.J. is going to become batshit crazy, which he did; those who hatched the scheme knew he would, which is all it took for the scheme to unfold.

Now, what did said "they" have on the guy who called O.J.? Something big enough to say, "Either play ball with us or don't bend over to pick up the soap ... "

Were the Goldmans involved? The Browns? Fuhrman?

I think this episode will be enjoyable to watch.

Draft saved Draft deleted