1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

O.J. murder weapon found?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Wait, what?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Can't wait for Simpson's review of the doc and "The People vs. OJ Simpson" on The Players Tribune.

3. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The thing about the OJ verdict, I can't think of another black person in America who was less worthy of the jury having their back, nor a person whose acquittal would more irritate white people since OJ was an "honorary member."
    People are still more peeved about the OJ verdict than video showing a white police officer shooting an unarmed black person and trying to plant a gun on them. Those are all isolated incidents, while the verdict was seen by some as "proof" that there is widespread contempt for the rule of law in some communities.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Did you watch OJ: Made in America? It really ties all the threads together, particularly the distrust of police by blacks in LA after the cops got off in the Rodney King incident.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As a young lawyer, I couldn't believe the jury's verdict; here's the guy who wanted nothing more than to be white and he's who you're doing to prop up?

Watching Made in America, seeing the history of LAPD and blacks, then hearing the jurors, I better understood why OJ was an easily adopted proxy. They didn't believe in OJ, just that they wanted to get back at LAPD somehow.

Webster likes this.
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I'm sure I've written this in other threads, but the jury has to believe that Mark Furhman, having no knowledge of any of Nicole/Goldman/OJ's whereabouts and not even knowing if OJ was in town, planted the matching bloody glove out of racial animus immediately after leaving the murder scene. If Furhman guesses wrong, it would have completely ruined the chance to prosecute anyone else for the crime, even if they had them dead to rights.

Draft saved Draft deleted