1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

O.J. murder weapon found?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 4, 2016.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Saw an interview last night with a fellow inmate and he said those guys inside revered OJ and wanted to rub elbows with him; so no, no chance of that.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Interesting story from a few days ago about F. Lee Bailey, who defended O.J. and was in a host of other famous cases. He's bankrupt, and living in an apartment above a hair salon.

F. Lee Bailey in 2017 - Lee Bailey on O.J. Simpson's Parole & Being Disbarred

When I was in high school, I read his "Defense Never Rests" book that he wrote about some of his cases. I found it quite fascinating.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Hand to God..I thought Bailey was dead.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Kardashian, not Bailey.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Nicole Brown Simpson’s family kept a low profile Thursday — except for her incensed sister, who ripped into The Juice for having the audacity to say before a Nevada parole board that he’d lived a “conflict-free life.”

“I’m like, really, you beat my sister, regardless of . . . murdering her and Ron [Goldman],” Tanya Brown told TMZ. “The fact is that my sister has diary entries dating back to, what, 1978 about abuse that was inflicted.”

Before being granted his freedom by the four-person Nevada parole board, Simpson insisted at an hour-plus hearing that he’d been “pretty good with people” and lived a “conflict-free life.”

http://nypost.com/2017/07/20/nicole...ebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow&sr_share=facebook

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Random story, but what the hell ... During a class project in high school back in '94, I came across an encyclopedia photo of OJ with a big afro that I found sort of funny. So I scanned it and brought it to a local printer and had a t-shirt made with the picture for the presentation I had to make for that class. My assignment was to "defend" OJ in a bit of a mock trial. It was essentially just me making a "closing argument" for his innocence (half the class got assigned prosecution, half got defense).

The day the verdict was delivered, our teacher asked us all to raise our hands as to how we thought it would go. I was the only one who raised my hand for "Not Guilty." Mind you, I didn't really doubt he did it, but I watched that trial after school every day and I had no doubt he was going to get off the hook. The lack of understanding of DNA evidence by the general public at the time, combined with Dennis Fung's bumbling testimony and Fuhrman's racism pretty much locked it up.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

'90s!

O.J. was found not guilty on 10/3/95. This topped the Hot 100 ...

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

11. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

So one of the parole board commissioners decided it would be a good idea to wear a Kansas City Chiefs tie to the hearing for an ex-NFL star. Maybe he got an autograph afterwards?

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

What? It's not like he was serving in a parole hearing for Tyreek Hill.

Not yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted