1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

O.J. murder weapon found?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 4, 2016.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Obstruction questions aside, the chain of evidence at this point is shaky at best. I can just see that cop, whoever he is, showing off the knife to his buddies during backyard barbecues.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Making shitty movies.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Violation of civil rights?

old_tony likes this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He violated Nicole's civil rights by killing her?

5. Steak Snabler

That's how they used to convict people for civil rights-era race murders back in the day because they knew local juries would never convict the defendants of murder.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Couldn't resist ...

[​IMG]

franticscribe likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Only their government or those acting under color of government authority are liable for Federal Civil Rights violation like killing someone. This differs from specific statutes that prohibit private employers or common carriers from discrimination.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

If the Simpson criminal trial jury is all still around in 2016, they might be the minority voters most likely to support Trump.

Emotion over evidence.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Glove be damned, I always thought the proper retort was "It's the DNA, stupid."

10. Steak Snabler

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's inconsistent with THOSE killings.

exmediahack likes this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The couple things that never seemed to be answered to my satisfaction was if Simpson used the gloves during the killing and had a cut on his finger, why was there no hole in the glove? And what exactly was it that set him off on that particular night? I know he had a history of violence toward her, was reportedly stalking her, but why on a night when you are getting ready for a trip to Chicago to go do it?
    And sure, murderers are not rational, but it did seem whomever did it, didn't do it on the spur of the moment.

Draft saved Draft deleted