1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

O.J. Mayo technical foul video

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dignan, Jan 30, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Chucky, let me help you:

YOU DO NOT TOUCH THE REF IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

It wasn't that type of touch. It wasn't meant for aggression. It just happened. It wasn't like a "I'm gonna bump a little just to piss him off" type of touch.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

But how do YOU know what his intent was?

4. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I deny every thing. I didn't touch him or say anything out of line Judge. He just was a jerk and he wanted to T me up because he is jealous of my superior skills and looks.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I'll ask you the same question.

P.S. By looking at the tape, it didn't look like(at all) he wanted to push the ref.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Just saw it...wow, that was a dive.

I just hope Mayo makes it in basketball for his sake. If not, all this bouncing around and attitude could leave this kid in a bad way.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

But, he did. So he shouldn't bitch about being tossed.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's not at all clear that he touched the ref... and either way, it happened AFTER he had been tossed.

And I still have no idea what could have prompted the second T -- he doesn't appear to be saying anything as he walks past.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

kid's a punk... can't tell you how many stories i've heard about this kid. punk. wilbon was great on pti about it today -- straight up called him a punk

10. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I don't know what his intent was, but I wasn't making assumptions as you were earlier.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Watch the video, kid. He said something. That's a T.

Given my former state of residence and employment, I daresay I know a hell of a lot more about O.J. Mayo, his background and his entourage than you do. He's a spoiled brat surrounded by people who coddle him because they see him as a future meal ticket. Gee, how dare that referee T him up for taunting an opponent? How dare somebody force His Royal Holiness O.J. Mayo to follow the same standards everybody else is expected to follow? After all, he's a big-time basketball player.

It doesn't matter what "type" of touch it was. Mayo should not have even walked in the referee's direction.

12. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I don't question that O.J is most likely coddled or even that he said something worthy of getting T'ed but your assertion that every player should be T'ed for arguing a call is just wrong. It is up to the referee to control the game and not let things get out of control and this referee had no clue on how to handle the situation properly.

Draft saved Draft deleted