1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

O.J. Mayo technical foul video

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dignan, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Dignan

Dignan Guest

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

That was the biggest dive I've seen since watching Portugal at the World Cup.

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Players cannot touch the referee. At all. End Of Story. Period.

Good to know the legal machinery of West Virginia is ready to leap into lightning action to defend the rights of superstar basketball players to mouth off on the court. Fight the power.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I didn't even see him pushin' the ref Starman. When he fell, Mayo's hands were out in a "what did I do?" type of way. Didn't even touch him.
    What a flop, that ref is a cockdiwaffle.

6. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

What if he would have punched out Larry Brown?

Thoughts?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Larry Brown is now reffing games? Who knew?

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Guy's gotta make a living somehow.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I can't get the video past the "loading" phase.

10. joe

joe Active Member

Fucking dude walked up behind the ref, leaning forward with his chest pushed out like he was posing for a fight, and knocked him down. What about that says it wasn't intentional? Nothing. Fucking punk.

11. statrat

statrat Member

I don't normally like defending pampered, soon to be rich prep stars, but in all honesty, I didn't even see him make contact with the ref. Nor did I see him do anything to deserve the first technical. It would appear to me the refs got on a power trip, which is unfortunately known to happen.

12. chester

chester Member

"Was he ejected before bumping the official?"

He was hit with two technical fouls, thus meaning ejection, before the incident with the ref. In Ohio - I don't know if it's the case in West Virginia as well - an ejection in any sport means a week's suspension. If that's the case, then the whole basis for the suspension should have had nothing to do with the incident at the scorer's table (not that that shouldn't factor in) as much as he was thrown out of the game in the first place.

Draft saved Draft deleted