1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

O.J. Mayo going to Southern Cal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mpcincal, Nov 16, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

See: Five comma Fab

2. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

It happened Saturday night.

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Didn't just dunk. ... Threw it off the glass. Simmons -- gasp!!! -- has a link to it today.

I'd be surprised if this piece of dog crap ever plays in the NBA.

You know who could shape him up? Kobe. [/chucktaylor]

4. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

This is one reason the minimum age thing in the NBA is a bad deal. It can only be good for O.J. Mayo -- he off the multiple arrests and long-blown priorities -- to spend a year on a college campus. But should other college kids be forced to be around the guy?

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

What a cockdiwaffle:

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Also, he didn't just "chuck" the ball into the stands after the dunk -- he wound up, took about a 3-step drop, and fired that baby probably into the upper deck.

Then, after the ejection, he paraded up and down in front of the bench, his arms raised in the "touchdown" signal.

Gutless refs should have told him he had 10 seconds to get his ass in the locker room, or they were forfeiting the game.

And if the response was anything other than "Yes, sir," gone ahead and done it.

Just go to the scorer's table, say "that's it, game over, Huntington loses."

THAT'S what it's gonna take.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Who needs OJ Mayo? Cincinnati North Hill, the school Mayo transferred from after last season, won its third straight Ohio Division III title today.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Did anyone see Tim Floyd on PTI the other day? He really cleared some things up.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

or that he wiped oj's gizz of his lips

10. Chuck~Taylor

No seriously, if it ever gets on Youtube, you should check it out. He didn't talk about the marajuana thing but he explained how OJ got on USC.

P.S. I think I remember Floyd also saying that the USC athletic director(can't remember the name) told him that OJ was the most mature student athlete he's ever met. Yes, more mature than Leinart, Palmer, and Bush.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I saw it and immediately thought Floyd had blown any karma he would have needed for last night's game.
    Sure enough...

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I had to read this twice, because I thought you forgot the blue font. I thought he came off very poorly in that interview, and that's tough to do with softballs they always throw in that segment. Kornheiser asked a few semi-tough questions, but he really could have used it as an opportunity to get answers on the things that he and Wilbon had been ragging on for days.

Draft saved Draft deleted