1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

O.J. goes on Fox (big surprise Fox would air it)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Nov 14, 2006.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Vanity Fair did a story on Regan a couple years ago..I don't remember much about it (other than endless quotes from former employees who had later pursued careers in nuclear weapon testing to find a calmer way of life), but I distinctly recall a description of her holding up her pinky finger and saying 'My clit is this big!'

I still have no idea what that could mean, but I saw her shortly thereafter at a fundraiser and wondered if it hurt when she crossed her legs.

btw, OJ book is at #24 at Amazon.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

One sentence is not a noble position. Declaring that FOX Entertainment and FOXNews are somehow different is not noble. Failing to discuss the daisy chain relationship between the book publisher, FoxNews and Fox Entertainment is not noble and failing to say the name Rupert Murdoch and his connection to all 3 enterprises is not noble. Failing to talk about the disgrace of promoting a HOW-TO-KILL-YOUR EX-WIFE TV special is not noble.

The only noble thing that cocksucker could do is lie down at Pennsylvania Station, across the tracks, and let some AMTRAK trains deprive the rest of the world Bill O'Fuckme's condensending attitudes and emotionally stunted existence on this planet.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I just zipped through that Vanity Fair profile on nexis. Holy shit.

A few quotes, just for the hell of it.

4. Double Down

Cont...

5. Double Down

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

This stands out.
    And then she's gonna fade into Bolivian!

7. JackS

JackS Member

Now I will cut through the total bullshit of this thread for all those who get their news from Radar. First of all, the original quote from Zeke12 isn't even correct. Here's an exact transcript of the exchange referenced...

O'REILLY: It's going to be interesting to see how many people watch the television program.
    HOSTIN: Everyone is going to watch it.
    O'REILLY: I'm not. I will not, absolutely not. I couldn't. I could not watch that program.
    But do you think that if somebody buys time, a sponsor, that that sponsor is going to gain anything? They're going to gain the acrimony of me, No. 1, because I'll put up every sponsor on my program.
    And I think millions of Americans aren't going to watch it, won't buy the book, and won't buy any product from a sponsor.

Now, one sentence? The man has spent three entire segments over the last two nights blasting Fox's decision to air the show.

And I don't know how he's "promoting" it when he's calling for sponsors to shun it.

Sure, you can claim his statement that "FOX Broadcasting has nothing to do with the FOX News channel" is not completely accurate, but in context, it's not completely wrong either. It was pretty obviously meant to indicate the two have different production folk and do not issue "edicts" to one another. It was a pretext to his blasting the decision.

But that's just coming from someone who actually watches the show, so what do I know?

8. "Not completely accurate."
    A new synonym for total bullshit. Roger Ailes heads the board of both, Rupert Murdoch cuts the checks for every employee of both of them. Nothing happens on either FNC or the Fox Network that those two guys don't sign off on, including Bill's little tantrum.
    Anyway, back on topic, the man most responsible for OJ's freedom seems to have issues:
    http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/11/17/mark-fuhrman-relives-his-past-failure-with-oj-and-freaks/

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Jack --

You still don't think it's funny that he thinks he can tank the ratings for this show, grotesque that it will be?

You don't see the massive ego elephant in the room? Need I remind you of the breathless updates on the France boyott, or the hundreds of segments on the "War on Christmas"?

The man's delusional.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Where did this transcript come from? If it came from a FOX News website, we know that it might not be accurate since we know that they are changed and adjusted from the actual content.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

DDown--Thanks for posting that....guess I mangled the clit story, but close enough. It ran before her affair with Bernie Keric became public, which makes the insistent denials extra fun.

I didn't notice if anyone posted her first-person explanation/advertisement for the OJ book....just so you all understand, she needed to publish this because she was beaten by her first husband, and she wants OJ to pay for it.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11172006/postopinion/opedcolumnists/why_i_did_it_opedcolumnists_judith_regan.htm?page=1

12. JackS

JackS Member

NEXIS.

Draft saved Draft deleted