1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

O.J. goes on Fox (big surprise Fox would air it)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Does O.J. really think that by putting out a book and doing this interview that people will forgive him and he can go back to a lifestyle he was so accustomed to before this all went down?

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Tim Meadows..... Harold Ford soundalike.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Tim Meadows had the black leather gloves on and everything. Classic, classic skit.

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Promo:

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If he goes to CNN, they put him on Larry King in a heartbeat. Don't get high and mighty on me about this one.

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

CNN isn't selling his book. Fox is.

"...the Simpson-penned "If I Did It," which goes on sale Nov. 30 -- the day after the special's conclusion airs. ReganBooks is based at Harper Collins, which is owned by Fox parent News Corp...."

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Still, the ol' man will toss softballs right down the middle for Orenthal.

ReganBooks? Isn't that Judith Regan's spiel?

I remember when Fox News first came on the air and her show was, I kid you not IIRC, "That Judith Regan Woman."

Ah, primitive television at its very best.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Okay, I stand half-corrected.

But if Larry King could get the O.J. gig, he'd (ahem) kill for it. He's probably on a ledge right now thinking about the Fox ratings that night.

9. swenk

swenk Member

I was one of the know-it-all publishing people who talked to Jose Canseco when he was first talking about his book....we all--agents and editors alike--sniffed and rolled our eyes and said, 'Yeah. Right.'

Except for Judith Regan--That Regan Woman--who sells books the way Nike sells shoes; product, product, product. You suspend your belief in everything you think a book should be, and you sell it like you sell Kraft Macaroni & Cheese or Ugg Boots.

A lot of these books don't work, but I think this one will. Folks buy the Enquirer and the Globe. They'll buy this book.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Wonder if Johnnie Cochran were still alive, would this book and TV deal would get off the ground?

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Interesting that on NBC News tonight, they said NBC turned down the broadcast rights to the interview.

Would a Fox-owned publishing company have gone to NBC first? Did they make that up to sound good?

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

on "the view" today, baba wawa bwagged about turning down o.j. for this disgwaceful shill job, too. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted