1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

O Behold, My Beloved Spawn

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jones, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Man, if he's all that, does he want to marry my daughter? She's a bit older by five days.

Congrats.

2. Congrats to Pete, too.

3. joe

joe Active Member

McCallan, but not that 30-year-old $260 rocks shot. Or, more to your liking, Kentucky bourbon, the whole bottle. Maybe the one with the little horsey on top.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Congrats Jones to you and your family. And oh by the way, I even have a celebrity endorsement!

[​IMG]

"I love that name! Now lets throw it back to the NFL '81 studio. Bryant ..."

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

sam was a butcher.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Teary eyed over here .... ;D ;D

Congrats, fella !!!

7. jeremiah was a bullfrog

8. Congrats and lycka till!

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Congratulations, Jones.

Remember to be just as happy if your little Hemingway never comes to be.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Congrats to the Jones family, the patriarch of which doesn't answer his PMs. :mad: But he was busy, so that's OK, I guess. :D

And when I first saw the thread title, twas not an infant that came to mind ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Congrats Jones, from one of your biggest fans.

And now Charley will have someone to beat up.

Enjoy every single moment. Before you know it, they'll be heading off to university.

Best to Mrs. Jones.

(BTW, damn fine piece in Esquire on the Robertson screwdriver, one of our best kept secrets)

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Is it just me, or if you shave off the beard, doesn't he look like Morrissey?

Congrats, Jones. Some unsolicited advice: When your boys get old enough to start wrestling and fighting, handle it like a hockey referee -- circle around for a while, but step in only once it appears somebody is winning. Then send each side to the box for a while to cool off.

Draft saved Draft deleted