1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYT piece on the discomfort gay hockey fans in New York feel at MSG

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Mar 21, 2008.

1. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Zagoshe, I think it was your gratuitous and disingenous comment about the guy somehow being uninterested in "manning up" that gave you away, not your general opinion.

Whoever he sleeps with, he is, by nature of certain equipment he was born with, indeed a man. Gawd.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hey, Fagoshe, come over here and get on your knees, homo. HO-MO FAGOSHE! HO-MO FAGOSHE!

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

What exactly are you trying to say?

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Having Zag and Yawn on the function that shan't be mentioned has its benefits.

For one, Zag has the same posting habits as the other: Two or three or four posts in a row for (an unseen) reply to someone's posts. I can zip past those without polluting my beautiful mind.

But I never see them together. Usually one will rejoinder, oh say, 7 or 8 hours after the other.

First one to find Zag and Yawn logged-on at the same time gets a beer on me.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Oh goshalmighty, are you THAT dumb? It's a hockey culture - crude, rude - and it's New York. Of course, I don't think there's too many politically-correct people attending hockey games even there. Shit, you're lucky it's not a minor league game. And I don't think the Rangers are going to alienate their fan base, considering that hockey is basically a sport on the corner holding a tin can out for coins compared to the other major sports.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

No, I certainly am not as unintelligent as you believe me to be. I must have forgotten the class emanating from the crowds NFL, MLB, NBA, college and prep sports games.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Most of those don't go to a game looking to see a fight break out.

Odd isn't it that this behavior would emanate most prolifically in liberal New York?

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Denial is not just a river in Egypt, Yawn.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You're a moron.

As Flash pointed out, ever see a Raiders or Eagles game? Those folks ain't going to the game for any other reason to tie one on and to take their frustrations out on someone who dares to wear another team's colors.

Depressingly enough, there are those on this thread who believe that the gay Rangers fans should sack up and endure the abuse. I completely disagree. You wouldn't say to a non-white person to accept racial slurs, would you? Why is it any different in this instance?

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Dude. That's way over the line.

Do me a huge favor and get yourself a jar of STFU.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

So I take it you are not a fan?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hail to the Redskins!
    Hail Victory!
    Braves on the Warpath!
    Fight for old D.C.!
    Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!
    Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,
    Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!
    Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won
    Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!
    Hail to the Redskins!
    Hail Victory!
    Braves on the Warpath!
    Fight for old D.C.! ​

Draft saved Draft deleted