1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYT on spin cycle

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Joe Williams, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

A business in a nearby market hosts a series of luncheon speakers, and one of its upcoming featured guests and topics is:

Catherine Mathis, Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications
    The New York Times Company
    The Times . . . We are a Changin’
    In over a decade at The New York Times Company, Catherine Mathis has experienced a great deal of change in the media industry. While business strategies evolve and new media platforms emerge, quality news and information remain at the core of the Times Company’s business.
    In her speech Catherine will talk about the role the media plays in a great democracy such as ours, how technology is affecting the media business in ways none of us ever imagined and how one media company is transforming itself during a time of seismic change.

I might drive up there to pay my way in and ask a few questions that the audience full of business folks and possible investors might not think or care to ask.

So I'm soliciting suggestions...

Draft saved Draft deleted