1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYT Obliterates Lolo Jones

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Aug 5, 2012.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Boy, she's a real breath of fresh air in this age of spoiled, entitled, bratty, bitchy athletes.

2. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

If Lolo announced that she was giving up track to focus full-time on bobsled, she'd get ripped. "She can't win on the track any more, so she's trying something easier," at which point the usual suspects would complain about people who aren't true bobsledders ruining his sport.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

She just needs to get laid and she'll be all right.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

A virgin? Honey needed a slap. She tried to tell me she's a virgin with her yay wide gap.

5. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

At this stage, probably. But she's at the point now where she has earned what she gets, IMO.

You can't spend 5 or 10 years barking like a dog, then decide to say you're a cat and get the benefit of the doubt.

6. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Yep. But the precious bobsledders who are mortally offended that track stars can push a sled faster than their buddies have been boring for a long time.

7. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

She finished fifth in the U.S. Championships in her hometown of Des Moines yesterday. She avoided the media mix coming off the track, and when reporters tracked her down, she wouldn't comment.

Her act has grown tiresome.

8. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

This time last year, I was a big Lolo honk. It took about 3 mins after the Olympics until I was over it. Now, although a talented athlete, she's going down the road of the Kardashians. Her biggest accomplishment is drawing attention to herself.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I see this as someone who's flailing at the proverbial dying of the light.

The realistic possibility that she's still a legitimate contender in Rio seems remote to me, and by not making the Worlds team, I think things start going downhill fast financially, and I bet she knows that. I think the bobsled thing was a furtive last chance at glory.

Draft saved Draft deleted