1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYT News Alert: Attractive Butts Are Attractive

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Sep 19, 2014.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's plagiarism.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Big, if true.

4. LongTimeListener

You guys have to read this. It is seriously the greatest New York Times trend story ever.

Tina Fey cited Ms. Lopez’s influence in “Bossypants.” “The first real change in women’s body image came when JLo turned it butt-style,” she wrote. “That was the first time that having a large-scale situation in the back was part of mainstream American Beauty. Girls wanted butts now. Men were free to admit that they had always enjoyed them.”

Does that sound like Tina Fey, to be commenting seriously on the wonders of the female butt and its empowerment of women everywhere?

Here's the FULL excerpt of what she wrote:

But I think the first real change in women’s body image came when JLo turned it butt-style. That was the first time that having a large-scale situation in the back was part of mainstream American beauty. Girls wanted butts now. Men were free to admit that they had always enjoyed them. And then, what felt like moments later, boom—Beyoncé brought the leg meat. A back porch and thick muscular legs were now widely admired. And from that day forward, women embraced their diversity and realized that all shapes and sizes are beautiful. Ah ha ha. No. I’m totally messing with you. All Beyonce and JLo have done is add to the laundry list of attributes women must have to qualify as beautiful. Now every girl is expected to have Caucasian blue eyes, full Spanish lips, a classic button nose, hairless Asian skin with a California tan, a Jamaican dance hall ass, long Swedish legs, small Japanese feet, the abs of a lesbian gym owner, the hips of a nine-year-old boy, the arms of Michelle Obama, and doll tits. The person closest to actually achieving this look is Kim Kardashian, who, as we know, was made by Russian scientists to sabotage our athletes.”[/]

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

And it sucks for normal-looking girls and women, who never get hit on now.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Typical tripe from the Times.
    Next week, in a hard-hitting enterprise piece: Airplane Food Sucks.

7. Don't forget about the thigh gap.

8. LongTimeListener

To combat the dread flatness, she recommends everything from leg lifts while on all fours to simply “squeezing your booty at the bus stop.”

And if you're too tired to squeeze your own booty, there are dozens of men who can help you out!

9. LongTimeListener

The thigh gap. I just heard about that a couple of weeks ago. That is some damn funny stuff. (And now that I've heard of it, I think I know a few women whose workouts are aimed at that goal.)

10. I was hoping for click bait. sigh ... To The Chive!!!

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The Chive, which is Maxim-plus-plus, but on the Internet, I believe has girls send in photos of their gap. They have some cute name for it.

12. I'm sure The Times will have a story on it .. circa 2022.

Draft saved Draft deleted