1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYT Goes To $1.50 On Newsstands August 18

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Ben_Hecht, Jul 23, 2008.

1. I haven't been to New York in 6 years. How much is the Sunday edition?

2. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

NYT persists in going farther and farther out into the deep end with its ultra-liberal junk journalism, and now they think anyone with a brain is going to pay another QUARTER for that garbage? Arrogance is no way to drive that bus.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

4. $5

5. Jebus. It doesn't cost me anything to read it on my computer, which I do every weekend.

I hope the masses don't find out.

6. When it comes to the Times, I find it much easier (on my eyes) to read it online than in print. I read it every day at work, but always get a headache.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I believe the sell that ultra liberal rag elsewhere -- even home delivery. No need to move to Gotham.

8. True, true. But with the internet there's no need for me to leave my bedroom. Or pay $5 a Sunday issue.

I actually had a year's subscription to the NY Times Sunday edition for a year. It was heaven at first. I could spend a few days going through the whole edition. But then I ran out of time, the newspapers piled up and my house was a fire hazard.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's $5; home delivery is less than half of that and well worth it. Nothing better than the Sunday Times, CBS Sunday Morning a fresh pot of coffee and nothing urgent to do for a couple of hours.

Draft saved Draft deleted