1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYT: Ex-Patriot corroborates Spygate cheating since 2000

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/new-bombshell-in-spygate-case/20080222071409990002

Player is thus far unnamed.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: NYT: Ex-Patriot reportedly offers details to Spygate cheating since 2000

Is this a expatriate ex-Patriot?

3. Simon_Cowbell

Re: NYT: Ex-Patriot reportedly corroborates Spygate cheating since 2000

"a expatriate"?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

My bad, it's early, I'[m watching girls basketball.. . 9:22 a.m. and my brain is fried..
    an expatriate

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Just finished David Halberstram's book on Belichick- "The Education of A Coach". I can now see clearly how this could have happened.

6. Re: NYT: Ex-Patriot reportedly corroborates Spygate cheating since 2000

I too just finished this book. That's a lot of pressure to be under. I imagine a lot of people would try to get an edge by cheating. But even as a Pats fan, I will never condone this.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Cue bostonbred or some other Patriots fanboy telling us this is just a bitter former Patriot trying to gain revenge after being cast out of Coach Hoodie's paradise.

(Please note, this is not directed at all Patriots fans...just the ones who flip out if anybody dares to criticize the almighty hoodied one.)

8. Drew Bledsoe's Final Revenge?
    It's gotta be an offensive player, right?

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What stuck me was how influenced Belechick was by George Allen's defensive philsophy of being "proactive" instead of "reactive". Idea was to anticpate what the offense was going to do and then set your defense accordingly.

Doing this required breaking down hours of game film to determine tendiencies.

Also interestinging part about how good Belichick is at "tells" . A tell is where opponent tips off play by how they line up.

Sounds like Bill had taken the idea of being proactive to far.

10. That's a possibility. His exit from New England was not a great one. My dad won't root for the Pats anymore for how they treated Bledsoe.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Lawyer Milloy... Deion Branch...

Draft saved Draft deleted