1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYT discovers Iraq's WMDs ... apologies, anyone?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Nov 3, 2006.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

In addition to what JR posted, the time element of the documents was set in the second fucking paragraph:

However, only people who actually read the entire article -- not just a selected paragraph highlighted on right-wing blogs in a pathetic, futile attempt to justify this folly -- would know this.

2. This is the RW talking point du jour. The Secretary of State even joined in. The documents are all from the end of the Gulf War. (The "2002" business is a report from 2002 about documents from 1991.) This is an attempt to reach people who don't read or think, in the hopes that you'll miss the actual point of the first 14 grafs of the story in which we are told the the administration, in the hopes of ginning up its political base, posted documents that SHOW PEOPLE HOW TO MAKE AN ATOMIC BOMB.
    Please google "John Aristotle Phillips" for the story of what used to happen before the WH got into the business of peddling national security info.
    Off on another Hejira, Henry. The bullshit's not working any more.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I want the following statement submitted for the record. Webby, Moddy, anyone? Please make sure this is placed in the SJ archives.

"Bubbler is working on a formula that will first make his dick, than that of others, 15 inches long, special "censor balls" that vibrate at the touch of a female's skin (for her pleasure), and a tiny comptuer chip placed in the penis, finger(s), and tongue called the Clit Tracker. The genesis of the program is based on my own sexual prowess, but it uses GPS and emits low-register beeping to indicate proximity to the clit."

There. I just proved I'm the Thomas Edison of fucking.

After all, it's written, it's in the record, so the factual leaps the above paragraph might be accused of taking cannot be denied.

And unlike the Iraqis, who were literally working with a gun to their heads, I have no reason to lie.

This truth has to be acknowledged, I AM the Thomas Edison of fucking!

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Censor balls? And you call yourself a journalist?

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Once they get to Escanaba, they'll want to turn around.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Experts say that I am on the verge of making the beast with two backs with Cindy Crawford, an event that could be as little as a year away.

OK, now ... see how stupid that "on the verge" bullshit sounds? Nice try ... wait, that was actually a lame, half-assed effort rather than a nice try.

No apologies for anyone needed ... except for the one you're going to make to us.

Cindy ... seriously, call me. We should hook up.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Holy shit ... I just about lost a mouthful of Big Red when I got to the Thomas Edison line.

Nice work by the Ball State Stallion.

8. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I, too, am on the verge of building an atom bomb.

Thanks to the incompetent shits in our government, I already have obtained the detailed plans for one. Now, all I have to do is spend the next year gathering the parts.

I expect "Operation dog428" to begin any day now. And roughly a quarter of the way through, I expect it to be declared a victory.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm just going to pretend I have nukes to gain leverage for economic incentives from the Bush administration. Seems to work for everybody else.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This thread has me on the verge of tears.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You mean somebody wants it?

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Does Canada need more black flies and mosquitos?

Draft saved Draft deleted