1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYT confirms it: Print reporters being lured away by ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by DanOregon, Dec 24, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Wick's right. If you can't live on $150K a year anywhere, you have some real problems.

2. Damaramu

Damaramu Member

Hell, that'd be awesome. Move back to Oklahoma to be around my family and do the job I love.

But I suppose these jobs are only for the best of the best.....I have a while to go.

I need a Rocky training montage or something that fast forwards my career to the point where I get a job like this......

3. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

But editors are based out of there, period.
    Wonder how much that will change when the new West Coast studios and such open in L.A. in the next 18 months or so.

4. Damaramu

Damaramu Member

So when they open that LA office does that eliminate the cries of an East-Coast Bias media.
    Because while it's not true let's face it.....to the average joe sports media is ESPN and his local newspaper.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Attempting to live on $150 base salary in Manhattan in anything better than a rat trap without getting involved in a rent-sharing arrangements leaves you ZERO leeway.

Draft saved Draft deleted