1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYT and the whistleblower

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HanSenSE, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I don't have a NYT sub.

2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Cool. Case closed.

3. Severian

People on Twitter are claiming to cancel their NYT subs because, in an unrelated story, the paper failed to give credit to a student newspaper for breaking the Volker story. Seems quite petty.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

People on twitter threaten to do a lot of stupid shit. The industry and perhaps the country would be better if we stopped lending them such credence.

Liut likes this.
  5. inthesuburbs

inthesuburbs Member

Yes, the reaction on Twitter does seem quite petty.
    The reaction of The Times, however, was to interview the student and to write an article about him. You know, to do journalism. See https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/28/us/asu-ukraine-volker.html

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A Times reporter also gave the students a shoutout on Twitter as well.

7. Severian

I agree with you both. The people I see on my feed saying this crap are the "woke," privileged white people who try to virtue signal where they can.

8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Just read another pair of NYT reporters have a book coming out. Wonder what fuck-ups it will have.

Sorry, but I just don't have respect for the New York Times anymore. I know that's not fair to many staffers, but I cannot help it.

9. Severian

Basically Trump's mishandling of the border wall situation and calling for Border Patrol agents to shoot migrants in the legs, which goes against basic human rights.

How did NYT hurt you this time?

Draft saved Draft deleted