1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYPD turning its back on DeBlasio

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 30, 2014.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

YF, I would think you of all people would be outraged by the cops' gross insubordination.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Every African-American mother's worst nightmare.

(I mean, aside from the nightmare that her child will be forced to go to a failing school, will have to live in a gang infested neighborhood, will be pressured to join a gang at a young age, will be offered drugs on the street, will be murdered by stray gunfire, etc.)

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I just want to know what an NYPD officer has to do to get fired. There was nearly a murder a day in the city last year. Did anybody get fired? Is there a system for replacing experienced police officers who are not getting the job done? This is an outrage.

4. cranberry

Because all African-Americans are poverty stricken and live in ghettos?

5. YankeeFan

I think the community needs to decide what kind of police department, and what kind of policing they want.

The cops shouldn't care more than the public.

The message from the President, the Attorney General, the Mayor, the media, and community leaders is that they have been too heavy handed in their policing.

And, the anti-police rhetoric has already led to the assassination of two cops.

What should the response be? Continue to police the same way, and continue to get criticized for it?

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I reject your premise.

Those cops' death warrants were signed the second the officer in the Garner case was not cleared.

Do you really think the loony toon who killed them was getting up each morning to watch "Morning Joe" and keep up with the latest fucking back-and-forth between a couple of suits?

7. YankeeFan

The assassin's own words tell us his motivation.

I'm not going to blame any one person's rhetoric, but all of those who created the anti-cop atmosphere can share in the blame.

8. cranberry

Well, they have been too heavy handed and unaccountable for their actions and that needs to change. They received new instructions (see stop and frisk) and their feelings are hurt They need to do their jobs as public servants.

9. cranberry

Can you give any us an example of this awful "anti-cop rhetoric" from public officials?

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Agree. Love the thought processes of Gothamites on this and other city issues.

11. YankeeFan

De Blasio's speech in reaction the non indictment in the Garner case was all about race, when race had nothing to do with the case.

He basically called the entire NYPD racist.

The WH sent representatives to Michael Brown's funeral. They honored a petty thief who assaulted a cop. In doing so, they made it clear who they stood with, and it wasn't the police.

De Blasio referred to an "alleged" assault on cops that was on video. He defended the protestors, and not the cops.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This is exclusively a left thing. The righties around here never do anything to defend the failures of their right wing politicians. You are turning into Old Tony.

Draft saved Draft deleted