1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYPD: R.I.P. OWS

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Toronto police have delivered an eviction notice for the occupy Toronto crowd that has been camped out in St. James Park for 31 days. In a stunning display of anarchy the squatters in the park used the eviction notice for paper airplanes. This will not end quietly here.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Seriously Az, what was the purpose of the library?

Were people "checking out" books?

If NYC liberals are famous for anything, it's for having small apartments stuffed with books they'll never read (again).

So, some books that were taking up room ended up in Zuccotti Park.

Besides being a set up to cry about the destruction of books when a day like today inevitably came, it was pure plagiarism of the Tahrir Square demonstrations:

http://www.theworld.org/2011/10/how-occupywallstreet-compares-to-egypts-tahrir-square/

The whole demonstration is designed to evoke maximum sympathy.

I'd say you're falling for their trap, but I don't think you needed any tricks to support them.

3. YankeeFan

But I thought Canadians were polite & law abiding.

This is ruining my stereotypes.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

They are polite. If they'd been Americans, they'd have strapped bombs to the paper airplanes. :)

5. YankeeFan

No way does Print let this comment go by.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/15/us/new-york-occupy-eviction/index.html

Court order? What court order?

Live stream:

http://www.livestream.com/globalrevolution

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's asking for a repeat court order with the word "contempt" used prominently. But Bloomberg doesn't care. His attitude towards the law, to wit, it doesn't apply to him, was made clear in the term limits fight.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

He needs every tool at his disposal to root out these hardened revolutionaries and counter-capitalist operatives. Or spoiled suburban kids between semesters at Bard. One of the two.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The injunction is being appealed.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So what? Orders are orders. A temporary injunction is issued because a judge found the person or persons seeking it would suffer damage under the law in the current situation. That's why they get issued. All temporary injunctions are subject to further litigation, hence the word "temporary" in the title.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

That's got to be a tranny in one of the fronts Yankee_Fan posted.

[​IMG]

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted