1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYPD officer arrested for wanting to kidnap, cook, eat 100 women

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

My question was callous but based on your initial answer, which didn't divulge reason. Your answer was forthright and honest and rational.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

As scary as cannibal cop might be -- and lets stipulate this is a debate with no winners -- the actual crime is one that MIGHT have happened, whereas nanny killer is one that DID happen. It's one reason why the Post, for all it's callous behavior, could not make a Gnaw and Order crack about dead kids. Maybe psycho cop would have captured and cooked a few of the women he was eyeing before someone noticed. I find the implication he could have done it more than twice, much less 100 times, to be ridiculous. But the nanny thing is much, much scarier in my opinion because of how much blind trust and faith every parent has to put in childcare people every day. Cannibal Cop could have tried to capture and eat adult women, but in theory they could also escape, call police, cry out for help, fight back. Those kids couldn't do any of that.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I think the nanny committed the worse crime and should and will be punished for such. The wording "hits closer to home" didn't make sense until gingerbread explained it. Horrible shit all the way around. At this point, I'm jaded by it all. People are the worst.

Draft saved Draft deleted