1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYPD officer arrested for wanting to kidnap, cook, eat 100 women

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Oh, and who on SportsJournalists.com would you eat first if we were stranded somewhere?

TheWritingWaffle and gingerbread seem tempting. Mystery Meat II should be safe for a long time.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

In what sense do you mean "eat"?

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You have to start by eating the assholes first. I nominate Mark.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Soylent Green : human :: bologna : pig

6. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

The thing about this is it's not even the biggest story in NYC right now. It's third, behind the horrible murder of two children by their nanny (which rightly was the front page of both the Post and the NYDN today) and the impending storm.
    The nanny story has me way more disturbed than the cannibal cop. Both are so hideous, so far fetched, but the nanny one hits close.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/mass-stabbing-west-side-article-1.1192419#ixzz2ASMYBmJo

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You're a woman. You're not a child. Why would the nanny thing hit closer to home than Cannibal Cop (which would be a great TV show)?

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, Verse, the cannibal cop was caught before he could carry out his scheme, while the manny actually killed two kids. I can see why NYC would feel as it does.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I don't understand why the execution would matter so much more than the intent.

Nanny murderer is fucked up but also, well, I don't want to use the word common, but not new.

Cannibal Cop is some really fucked up shit, and gingerbread would fall into the target demographic.

10. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I guess because it happened a few blocks from where I live, and I used to have casual conversations in our local dog park with the father and his six-year-old girl as they walked their greyhound (she told me he didn't need much exercise so he was the perfect dog for the city), and I have other friends with kids in the neighborhood who went to the same dance class as these kids who were murdered ...
    Tonight in my neighborhood there was a big outdoor Halloween party, something a family like this, with three kids, most likely would have attended. I stopped by for a bit. It was unbearably sad.
    The cannibal cop, well, I know lots of cops, and just can't imagine. This, I don't have to imagine.
    To answer your rather callous question.

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

No jury will convict him.

12. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Tis the place for callous questions, sometimes. But you handled it well.

Condolences to the family, and to you, since you have the connection.

Draft saved Draft deleted