1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYPD Blue

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Sep 19, 2014.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Amy Brenneman's butt and some side-boob. For the ladies and gay men, there was also Caruso's butt.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

"Ipsa this, you pissy little bitch."

Really, a landmark show that changed network television.

It was appointment viewing for me.

3. old_tony

Watching the series premiere last night, I was amazed at how much happened in the very first episode. I had forgotten about that.

4. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

"Wow, that's real clean," Dennis Franz in a shower scene with Sharon Lawrence.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm here too. I wasn't crazy about Caruso -- maybe because I was reading at the time what a prick he was to everyone on the show -- but the Simone-Sipowicz years were the highlight for me.

6. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I agree. I didn't get into the show until probably season 2 or 3, but later I went back and watched some of the first season episodes. I felt the Simone-Sipowicz chemistry was better. When Simone got sick, Sipowicz was in fine form.
    I also preferred Lt. Fancy to the ones that followed him.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is where I fit too. Never liked Caruso and thought I might be in the minority. Smits was much better, but he was no Rick-Y Schroder!

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

At least Caruso hadn't gone to that full-on, Vincent D'Onofrio-like, CSI: Miami sideways interrogation method yet.

Can't recall the actor (or the character) who was in charge sometime after Fancy, a by-the-book prick who wound up having Andy's back or some such. Dark-haired guy.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Lt. Thomas Bale was the character's name. He had come over from internal affairs. They all hated him at first, but he ended up recommending that Sipowicz take over the squad. He was played by Currie Graham.

10. old_tony

Episode 3, and Andy's revenge on Giardella was fantastic.

And, yes, Lt. Fancy was the best of the heads of squad. Esai Morales as Tony Rodriguez was pretty good, too.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Never understood how Caruso was able to play tough guys all the time. Seems like he'd get his ass handed to him.

12. old_tony

Another reason NYPD Blue was a great show: They killed off David Schwimmer's character in the first month.

Draft saved Draft deleted