1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYPD Blue

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Sep 19, 2014.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If, like me, you miss this great show and wonder how it's not in daily reruns on the many channels that run reruns daily, it's coming back starting Monday.

Every night at 7 eastern, 6 central it will be on the Audience Channel, which I believe is only available on DirecTV. Remastered and in HD.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The first season is as good a TV show as there has ever been. David Caruso ruled.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

It's up there. Every season was amazing, but Season 1 is an all-timer.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I didn't get into until the second or third season, but it's one of my all-time favorites. Don't have the Audience Channel, but I do have Amazon Prime and it's offered there.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Definitely a tremendous show. One of the few I was sad to see come to an end.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Agreed. Franz had some great moments in later seasons, but season 1 was fantastic.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Franz's character got far stronger as his character evolved. Caruso was great from the start.

My favorite scene is when he's in bed with Robin Wexler and he says as the show ends, "Here comes spring." So many great story lines that first year.

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Thanks, old_tony. DVR is set.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Watching it right now, and marveling at how I really haven't seen a cop show since that can touch it.

The premiere was 21 years and a day ago.

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Sorry, I liked it much better AFTER season one when it became Sipowicz's show. And I think Caruso is a terrible actor.

11. joe

joe Active Member

Rambo should have killed Caruso.

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I was working at an ABC affiliate TV station at the time of the debut and there was great concern over people protesting the show (due to language and brief nudity, which I think was Sherry Springfield's butt in the first one ...?). Anyway, no one showed up and life went on. Although I'm sure it was the start of the language which is used all over the place nowadays.

Draft saved Draft deleted