1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYDN's Bonds Coverage Hits Rock Bottom -- The Kim Bell "interview"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Oct 3, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/2007/10/02/2007-10-02_barry_bonds_exmistress_details_stars_ste.html

The only saving grace for the Daily News is that this is merely a 'web exclusive.' In other words, someone was smart enough to realize this is rubbish and the less people that see it, the better.

As Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams (and others associated with the SF Chronicle) allegedly could tell you, when you lie down with dogs you end up with fleas.

And you end up entering into deals to host the flea circus. In this case, the flea circus is represented by upcoming Playboy model, Kim Bell.

Somewhere, Lupica is cringing. And I'm sure many others are as well.

More on this later. But in case you want the Spark Notes version:

Everybody's credibility is damaged by this PR fluff piece, particularly as it appears on the sports page and is penned by one of the Daily News' acclaimed "I-Team." Very sad.

But given the rest of their Bonds coverage, not surprising.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Wise new career path. Sounds like she'll make a great middle-school teacher.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So you're saying that if Kim Bell is willing to be interviewed, the Daily News should say, "no thanks."

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

This thing was posted 10 hours ago, and they still can't fix the typos?? How fucking hard is it?

Makes me crazy.

Also, probably should have thrown a random 'allegedly' here and there.

5. Nice to see somebody has the courage to stand up and tell the truth about that cocksucking, donkey fucking cheater.

F*ck B*nds and his shriveld up grapes (which I guess would be raisins).

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Well, the article doesn't really come up with anything new. It's largely a rehashing of things in Game of Shadows.

And something can be a Web Exclusive because there wasn't space for it in the paper - could be due to it not being up to snuff, but also because not as much space was given as thought or a story broke that wasn't expected (and NY had the Isiah Thomas and Willie Randolph stories).

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I am particularly eager to read her self-help book. I think it will go on the shelf next to Karrine "Superhead" Steffans' masterpieces Confessions of a Video Vixen and The Vixen Diaries.

My proposed working title: How to both Destroy Your Credibility as a Potential Federal Witness and Help Make a Tabloid's Sports Section Look Like Clowns by Posing for Playboy While Possible Indictments are Still Being Mulled Over by the Feds

Lantaur -- good points on the 'web exclusive' angle.

8. jboy

jboy Guest

Just because she's posing in playboy doesn't make her a liar.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

No....but it does make her a money-hungry whore......not that there's anything wrong with that.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Rome is on this topic right now.

11. That's great news, Rok.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That made me laugh. Very little does on here anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted