1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYDN: Tense meeting between Sterger and Goodell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Way to go, Brett. What you were doing wasn't sexting. It was sextual assault.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Those posts are more revealing about the posters than any outfit Sterger has worn, but far less flattering.

3. Point of Order

Yep

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Really. I don't get it.

If she made a name for herself wearing skimpy outfits at football games, way to use your (store-bought) assets.

If she got a job as a writer because she wore skimpy outfits at football games, I think the eye-rolling and tut-tutting should be directed at the folks who hired her.

Now, an NFL team hostess seemed like a perect job for her skimpy resume.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

OOP, couldn't care less what you think.

6. Point of Order

He's right, though. You've really gotta look at yourself when you call a woman a slut (or less honorable than one) and think it passes for a reasonable intelligent comment, particularly when you've got nothing to back it up.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

POO and OOP are in agreement. There's a weird symmetry to that.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Someone on another thread called Michelle Beadle a slut as well.

Not cool.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Some dudes clearly have issues.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yup. Then again, seeing the post histories of the last two people to make these comments, it's not surprising. Especially Det. McNulty, the sexism is very very strong in that one.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Some of you have issues, too, attacking the opinions of others. We all have opinions. You guys don't agree with me. Fine, whatever. I don't attack you for your opinions but you attack me for mine. If that's how you want to play it, I can fire back as good as any of you. With that being said I am by far not the only person who has a negative opinion on Sterger. Just Google her name and you can see there is a lot of bad stuff on her. At the same time I am not defending Favre either. He's a married man trying to chase some sleaze.

And trying to same some dudes have issues? Unless you know that person you don't know what you're talking about.

12. Point of Order

Call it the POOOOP alliance.

Draft saved Draft deleted