1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYDN: Tense meeting between Sterger and Goodell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Dec 21, 2010.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Absolutely ridiculous. This is the type of comment I imagine you would have if a anybody who poses for those magazines was raped. She was just asking for it wasn't she Hondo.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Scroll back up the thread.

I presume the worst of everybody.

Favre is a meathead egomaniac who thinks his football fame should allow him to fuck whoever he wants, and Sterger is a silicone slut hoping to ride her store-bought tits to a million-dollar payday.

If I were Goodell, I'd want to send a couple of messages:

1) To sluts like Sterger: We're not going to bend over for your blackmail.

2) To borderline perverts like Favre: Keep it in your fucking pants.

3. Works for me.

Though I blame defense attorneys and the U.S. Constitution.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I never said Favre wasn't a tool for doing it. But Steger shouldn't be so stunned if it happens.

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Luggie,

Kind of surprised you would prefer Tagliabue over Goodell. When it comes to disciplining moronic behavior, Goodell is light years ahead of Tagliabue. Tagliabue's NFL was Sodom and Gomorrah compared to the current regime.

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Has anything come out that absolutely proves the photos were sent to her by Favre?

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Perfectly said. I agree completely. And what Hondo said too.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Good point... I have a soft spot in my heart for Tags. One of his first splashy actions as commish was to fine Sam Wyche for closing the locker room to female reporters. He had me right there. The NFL enjoyed a great run under Tagliabue. I know it defies conventional wisdom about him, but I loved the guy. I think history will back me up, especially when he's contrasted with Selig.

Tags is a great lawyer, too. I just don't see him putting the screws to Jenn Sterger in this situation.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dear Lugnuts: You should know that when the Patriots hassled Lisa Olson and the story went nuclear, Lisa said that the one person she felt was trying to put her interests first was Tags.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I view all NFL commissioners as basically the same person, shaped, guided and positioned by the best PR machine ever assembled in sports.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Here's my biggest problem with this and I think those who have been around athletes can attest to this.

Athletes, especially someone like Favre, are so used to getting anyone they want that when they actually get shot down once or twice, some don't know how to handle it.

I watched an elite NFL player hit on a TV reporter who was married and politely told him so. The response? "So, he's not half the man I am. Spend a day with me and you'lll forget about that loser...." It was really uncomfortable to watch.

She avoided him for a couple weeks and he would walk over to where she was to hit on her more and finally a writer told one of the PR guys that it would be in everyone's best interest for someone to step in.

Two weeks later we're on the road and the player starts yelling at another TV guy from the same station. "Hey, where is (her name)? She knows she can't resist me so that's why she skipped the trip. (She didn't travel regularly.)

When I see this situation, that's what I see. Favre finally found someone who had the nerve to turn him down and rather than accept that, he sends her pictures of his cock.

Draft saved Draft deleted