1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYDN: Tense meeting between Sterger and Goodell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's a bit harsh for someone who was sexually harrassed as a NFL employee.

I'm not sure I feel sorry for Sterger, but she didn't ask for this either.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I know how this is going to sound but I'll type it anyway.

We don't know that.

That said, I am 99 percent sure you're right. I'd believe her before I'd believe Favre or just about any other pro athlete in this situation.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That's debatable.

(Not to excuse Favre, who at best has acted like a douchebag horndog.)

Just for fun, and to ward off the possibility of any "unretirement" bullshit over the summer, maybe Goodell should throw in a one-year suspension for Favre. Just to end his career on a fitting shit-smeared note.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd love it if Goodell did that, but he won't.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

What Starman said. I don't condone Favre's antics. But Sterger is definitely not a sympathetic figure.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

See here again are people blaming the victim.

There is absolutely nothing that has come out to indicate that she even wanted the slightest attention from Favre. Yet somehow because she wore revealing clothing previously and has made herself a less than covered up person she is deserving of receiving unsolicited photos of someone's d*ck. How would you like it if your mother, wife, daughter, sister received such unsolicited items on their phone simply because someone saw them in a bikini poolside? Well they asked for it, right?

No, wrong. Quite being so empathetic towards a cad and think about the real world ramifications. No one deserves to get that type of UNSOLICITED harassment, ever.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't think anybody is disagreeing with that.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

what evidence is there that the dick pics were unsolicited?

9. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

You'd have to be one heck of an idiot to cold-text those pictures unsolicited to another employee of your NFL franchise, but I wouldn't put it past Favre.

I could definitely imagine a situation where they were texting for whatever reason -- maybe she was just being friendly and Favre misinterpreted it, or maybe she flirted a little bit, and he over-responded with explicit pictures.

I understand she is not the much of a sympathetic figure, but I can imagine ways such as those above in which it would come about that she was surprised to get those pictures.

But, then again, who really knows.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Everyone is forgetting that this came out during the summer, and her attitude was "no big deal." Sorry, but if your claim to fame is your assets, you might not have asked for someone to text you photos of his junk, but you really can't bitch -- or extort -- when it happens.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And she's not a female version of Favre?

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

My mother, wife, daughter and sister have been in bikinis, poolside. But they didn't pose for Maxim and Playboy. There's a difference, even if you don't want to see it.

Draft saved Draft deleted