1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYDN: Tense meeting between Sterger and Goodell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I'm trying to understand why this meeting had to become 'heated.' It's hard to figure Goodell out. Maybe he should ask himself WWTD more often.

As in, what would Tags do.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He probably asked her if they were real.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"The guy was just hangin' brain, I mean, what's all the fuss?"

[/creed]

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is clearly a case where Goodell is hoping that if he delays this long enough, it will either go away or stop being a NFL problem.

In two weeks when Favre retires for good, for the most part, that will happen.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Goodell's in the four corners at this point. Sterger's advisors moved this along way too slowly. They needed to be decisive and move fast to max out the financial opportunity. Now her leverage with the league is slipping fast.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

But if you're in four corners, you don't foul. You don't pick a fight, right?

Why wouldn't Goodell just kiss her ass?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If I'm Goodell I do nothing and advise Sterger to hire Gloria Allred next time.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And remember, Jim Morrison did get pardoned.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I know this is totally and completely impossible, but is there a teeny tiny chance that Deadspin overplayed this story and it isn't as cut-and-dried as AJ Daulerio and Jenn Sterger's lawyer would have us believe?

Nah.

10. Mizzougrad96

If she had hired Allred, she would have gotten a seven-figure settlement within a week.

Her lawyer is an idiot. Once Favre retires, he has no incentive to pay her big money to shut up. She'll end up being lucky to get $100K to go away.

11. Mizzougrad96

If that was the case, Cook would have leaked that to ESPN ages ago.

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

One of the greatest posts in the history of this board! I have a difficult seeing Sterger as any kind of a victim here. This is a woman who has clearly used her body to advance her career. She certainly doesn't have any talent otherwise.

Draft saved Draft deleted