1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYDN on 30th anniversary of Caddyshack

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mpcincal, Jul 26, 2010.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Can't read enough about Caddyshack, and I'm sure I know everything there is to know about the greatest golf flick ever.

I was in a Golfsmith store a few weeks back and there was a line of Caddyshack-themed shirts with quotes and the like. Pretty cheesy but I'm sure someone buys them. When I was a kid I bought a "Bushwood Country Club" t-shirt for my dad, one of those Father's Day gifts that ends up at the bottom of a dresser.

Years later, Bill Murray became part-owner of the minor league ballclub in Charleston, S.C., where my folks live. Dad had tickets to the season-opener and managed to corral Murray in the parking lot, and pulled out that t-shirt (I'm sure it hadn't seen daylight in a decade). Murray graciously signed it to me and my siblings, and I have it framed in my office.

Draft saved Draft deleted