1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYC SJ Event

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Apr 27, 2009.

1. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Us, too. Like I said, Doc may overrule me, but do I really want to be dragging my overheated pregnant ass around NYC? Who knows, maybe I'll feel great. So far I've had zero morning sickness. Maybe we'll just come up for a day or something.

And spnited, do you think I trust him by himself with all of you guys? He might think one of you is old_tony and punch you out. :)

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The dinner will be set up like Parliament.

Left side of the aisle and right side.

If FB shows up, he's the Speaker of the House.

This is gonna be fun, folks, if our impromptu NYC get together of a couple of years ago is any indication.

And did I mention HC is lucky to have me? :)

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Don't worry, spup, we'd keep him out of trouble.

And since there will be NO POLITICS allowed, I bet old_tony would be cool to sit and drink with.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

And that much more awkward.

I'd like to go, but convincing the wife to be to postpone our honeymoon two months would be tough.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I could be anywhere from Australia to actually living in NYC at that time, but I'd like to make it. Plus, I never really need another excuse to hit the city. I've been there four times since January 7th.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'd probably enjoy meeting JR as we have had some epic discussions and I have no animosity towards anyone around here.

I'd just prefer to have more discussions with a cigarette and a beer as opposed to just a beer...... ;D

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No politics?

Where the hell is the fun in that?

Just kiddin'

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

There are a lot of people on this board that I'd like to meet, so I'm hoping to be able to make it. I only live about 4 hours away, and my brother lives on Long Island, so maybe it's a good excuse to see my brother too!

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

I tell you, Zag, the place where we had the great lobster bisque two years ago has a smokers balcony ... tables, ash trays .. sit and smoke and drink our beer and watch the traffic on 45th St.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Mmmmmmmmmm Perfect Pint lobster bisque.

OK, I've had one kickass chick write to ask about shacking up for that weekend. If I get two more, we could get a REALLY great room. Chicks only, please!

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Book your rooms now on hotwire.com. You will never beat the rates currently available. Let's all profit from your government's unwillingness to police your bankers. :D

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I went to the "hippest" party I've ever been to and it was right next door to the Perfect Pint. There's a hotel there that a friend of a friend of a friend rented out for a big party with an indoor pool and such. The party, the people and the expense of drinks sucked so my friends and I left and got beers at the perfect pint.

Oh, and do I count enough to shack up IJAG? :)

Draft saved Draft deleted