1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYC Outing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cranberry, Jul 18, 2013.

?

Go see the Brewers-Mets at 4:10 pm at Citi Field?

1. yes

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. ambivalent

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I believe that was at the Jersey Giant which I think was the third pub that night - after the Loose Moose and Scotland Yard but before the Irish Embassy (with the door girl). :D

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

JR is old and slow. I think you'll be okay. :D

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Hmmm, then I might be up for this gig!

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

He's wily, though. ;)

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The elderly often are.

6. Who do we email our social security number and credit card info to?

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

That would be me.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It wasn't Tim's. I believe it was the Jersey Giant pub on Front Street. And it was a drunken stop :)

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Huggy will be in charge of my Depends

Oh, and making sure I don't wander off in the middle of the night. :)

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Looking into going up Friday a.m., hitting some of my favorite spots and then doing dinner-show. Anybody else coming in Friday?

I will also probably do a Saturday matinee and then meet everyone after the baseball game. I see enough baseball, frankly, and don't see enough shows.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Run in memory of Stephen Siller:

On September 11th, firefighter Stephen Siller had just gotten off the late shift at Squad 1, Park Slope, Brooklyn. He was on his way to play golf with his brothers on that bright clear day when his scanner told of the first plane hitting the Twin Towers. When he heard the news, he called his wife Sally to tell her he would be late because he had to help those in need. He returned to Squad 1 to get his gear, then took his final heroic steps to the World Trade Center. When Stephen drove his truck to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel, it was already closed to traffic . With sixty pounds of gear strapped to his back, he ran through the Tunnel, hoping to meet up with his own company, Squad 1.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Update: The NYC weekend begins when Moddy arrives in town on Friday Sept. 27 and concludes on the evening of Sunday Sept. 29 when people scatter for cars, trains and planes and we've posted bail for the Canadians.

In addition to those who've announced they'll be attending, several more board luminaries have expressed interest in stopping by for all or part of the festivities.

It would be helpful if those planning to attend (even if you're not 100 pct. locked in) would send a PM to let me know if you're interested in a Mets game or a maybe matinee with Moddy on Saturday afternoon. If you would like to attend the Mets game also provide a ticket price range with which you're comfortable. Keep in mind the baseball game is a 4:15 pm game. If there''s sufficient interest, we would take the No. 7 train to and from from Grand Central.

Suggestions for filling out the rest of the itinerary are more than welcome.

For example, a possible late-night destination might be the 55 Bar, which is a blues place in the village. http://55bar.com/

PaperDoll plans to lead a contingent walk or run the Tunnel to Tower 5K. That's pretty early on Sunday morning. More information here: http://www.t2trun.org/nyc

One of my favorite brunch spots, Delta Grill, which is a Cajun hole-in-the-wall in Hell's Kitchen that has live music on weekends and seems about right for this group. Here's the menu: http://thedeltagrill.com/page/nzv8/Lunch_Brunch_Menu.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For brunch, keep in mind is that you can't be served booze before noon....

Feel free to PM with questions and suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted