1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYC Outing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cranberry, Jul 18, 2013.

?

Go see the Brewers-Mets at 4:10 pm at Citi Field?

1. yes

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. ambivalent

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I can pretty much do any weekend that's been discussed. My only SJ outing -- the aforementioned weekend with Spnited -- was a blast. Until I spent the whole next day puking while trying to watch the third round of the PGA Championship, the previous evening's drinks haunting me.

And, for those who were there, obligatory Mos(t) Def joke.

2. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

I would be interested in giving this a try, though work schedules like to get in the way when possible. I'm pretty sure the last weekend would be out for me, but a newbie shouldn't factor into your decisions anyway.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

NYC: I think the tab was $400. Where the hell was that place? ... Irish pub by Grand Central. Perfect Pint, perhaps?

That's also the night I ended up having someone fall asleep in my room's bathtub.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

It was Perfect Pint as I recall. Cannot remember the next joint we went to though ...

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You apparently slept in my tub in Cleveland for part of the night. Must be an SJ outing thing.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Seeing spnited's name makes me think..... Maybe I should try to make one of these.

C'mon, who's with me?

7. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I'm planning on flying home Sunday evening, so I'll be around to do something during the day.

I hope I won't also be vomiting by then.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Mayfly was my inspiration for that idea. Hey, the tub surface felt nice and cool ...

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, I'd fly from Podunk for that.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Contingents from Canada AND Podunk? Possible appearances by Moddy, Lugnuts and Frank_Ridgeway? Holy crap.

From what I've heard on and off the thread, the last weekend of September seems to make the most sense, so let's figure on that.

I've also received a couple of nice ideas for the itinerary. If there's interest in baseball, getting a block of seats shouldn't be a problem.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I would pay Frank_Ridgeway's entire drinks tab on Sunday if I could hear him give a lecture on journalism. And his expertise on clothing and shoes.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

A poster whose opinion I respect suggested to me that perhaps not everyone even likes baseball, so I've added a new poll to determine the interest level for seeing a game. If you want to go, the seats range between $35 and $250.

Draft saved Draft deleted