1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYC Outing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cranberry, Jul 18, 2013.

?

Go see the Brewers-Mets at 4:10 pm at Citi Field?

1. yes

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. ambivalent

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'm sure they "swing that sh_t wide open! F_ck yeah!" in New York, too.
    (Sorry ... if I didn't do it, IJAG and/or sxy would have ... )

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

We don't ALWAYS fight.

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Classic. Swing that sh*t wide open. Good ole days. Can you believe our Toronto outing was in ... 2006?!?!?!
    Do they also have 200 sq foot rooms with two beds in the NY hotel, by chance?

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Sure. Twin beds. Four people ... all exhausted. Luggage clogging up areas because the room makes the dorm/barracks look roomy. Check for extra blankets so that a couple of exhausted souls can wrap up elsewhere in some semblance of peace.

And since it's New York, the parking prices will give it a Toronto feel ... all sorts of deja vu possible ...

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

In. As long as it is a Redskins road weekend and I don't have to work.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

HC & I are probably in if Canucks are allowed.

It's an excuse for a road trip and NYC is only a 9 hour drive from Toronto.

Hold it Sept 7-8. The 8th is my birthday and everyone can bring me presents. :)

If Wicked is going to show up we'll see if the hostess at the Irish Embassy in Toronto can tag along. :)

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hey, but it was cheap and right downtown. :)

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Yeah, but group rate on the massage outcall.

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Middle option is out for me because I have vacation plans in Oregon, and will only be off on Sundays for the other dates. Never been to one of these -- do you actually hang out on the Sundays or are you all vomiting by then?

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The last sj get together in NYC was to celebrate a birthday. There were about 20 people including Spnited. We all met Saturday afternoon around 4:00 for drinks and a dinner at a pub with a great kitchen. The lobster bisque was a home run.

HC & I went back to our hotel around midnight but the younger folks kept on going. I can't remember who all was there (IJAG and Wicked of course) but I do remember that one person picked up the entire dinner bill anonymously. It had to be several hundred dollars. Maybe he/she will show up again :)

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

God it had to have been more than that.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, several hundred could be $900 or so. :) Don't know. The generosity was gobsmacking

Draft saved Draft deleted