1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYC Outing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cranberry, Jul 18, 2013.

?

Go see the Brewers-Mets at 4:10 pm at Citi Field?

1. yes

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. ambivalent

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Gauging interest in the possibility of an NYC get together. I'm thinking later part of September. I can probably secure a block of Yankees or Mets tickets easily enough since neither team appears to be making the postseason this year. Of course, on the other hand, baseball need not even be part of the itinerary. Thoughts?

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

My brother lives in NYC, so I might be up for it. It's all a question of if I could get the time off work.

3. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Were you thinking weekends? If yes, I would certainly consider flying up to NYC for a get together.

Last weekend in September would work best for me. If August is also a possibility, I could do August 24 - 25.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wish I wasn't already booked for a friend's 40th birthday in Florida the last weekend of September. :)

5. cranberry

Hmmmm. I think Amy wants a chance to mock my Sheep collapse in person.

IJAG, what weekend would work for you?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

We can all meet at Olive Garden at Times Square.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That was kind of my nice way of begging out. Going to Louisville for that outing, going to St. Augustine for said friend's birthday weekend, and I'm about to get some trees removed and a fence put up in my backyard. Not going to have the money (or time) for a weekend jaunt to NYC, no matter how much I miss it OR want to hang out with you.

8. cranberry

Oh. Subtlety doesn't work very well on me. In that case, we will miss your presence. I'll send a gift bag if any are left over.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Hmm ... could consider Aug. 31-Sept. 1 or Sept. 7-8. Will be celebrating during some time off the week between.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I might be able to escape for a day (or night) for an NYC gathering.
    For dining, I'd recommend Popovers (Amsterdam & 80something) on the Upper West Side.
    Very easy to get to by subway, taxi or driving.

11. cranberry

OK, I added a poll to select among a few potential dates. I avoided Labor Day and Yom Kippur.

Aug. 24-25 (Tigers-mets)
    Sept. 7-8 (Red Sox-Yankees)
    Sept. 28-29 (Brewers-Mets)

Also, I don't consider a baseball game essential for the itinerary but if there's interest I'd be happy to inquire about a block of seats. Red Sox-Yankees could be difficult, I suppose.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Might be able to wing Sept. 28-29. Wouldn't mind a trip to Not Shea. I will miss fighting with IJAG, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted