1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYC hotel advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Did it work?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Roundup kills weeds, not bugs.

3. joe

joe Active Member

Drink a little and get back to us.
    And, Jones? Fuck off, asseater.

4. I guess it did work.

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

Hey now, I wasn't being critical. I was just stating facts.

I like to eat a Dairy Queen Blizzard before bringing the hump. FACT.

6. joe

joe Active Member

Dairy Queen, he wheezed.

7. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Stayed at the Marriott East Side for two weeks during the U.S. Open. Very handy, great gourmet deli across the street that's always open.

There's a Courtyard on 40th right near Times Square that does the trick just fine, for those who love the Marriott thing.

The Hyatt at Grand Central has apparently been renovated since I stayed there a half-dozen times a season for baseball. It was a bit brown before, but you can't beat the location. Don't even have to go outside to get a subway anywhere. That'd be my vote.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Try the Wellington on West 55th Street -- we used it as the lower priced choice for our wedding,. There are also some small places on the East Side lke the Fitzpatrick which aren't too bad.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Borat was filmed there.

I loved the Park Central, a block and a half from the subway, three from Central Park and a skip and jump from the Carnegie Deli.

10. standman

standman Member

Don't be afraid of boutique hotels. Rooms can be larger than typical NYC rooms. You can always get across town via cab or subway. Check out the Hotel Elysee on the East Side.

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Here's another idea - renting an apartment in mid-town. Here's a link:
    http://www.new-york-apartment.com/

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Worst comes to worst Inky, you and the missus can always stay with us. Four adults and a toddler in an 850 square foot apartment shouldn't be a problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted