1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYC area freelancers

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by NY Buckeye, Aug 2, 2010.

1. NY Buckeye

NY Buckeye New Member

We are Ultimate Athlete Magazine, a prep sports magazine seeking freelance writers and photographers in and around NYC's 5 boroughs. We cover prep sports in NYC, NJ and Long Island so if you are interested in surrounding areas please feel free to apply as well.

We are a growing publication looking to expand our coverage of NYC, just completed a move to larger offices and need freelancers ASAP to assist with our Fall edition. Compensation is $50 per story or photo shoot with the opportunity to write several stories in each issue.

Please send Resume and work samples to managinged@ultimateathletemagazine.com

Please list your contact info (phone number(s), email) as well as your location in the email.

2. eclapt44

eclapt44 Member

Payment is weak, and, at least in my experiences, took forever ( about five months, with multiple e-mails in-between). Maybe that has improved, and if it has, this is not the worst place for a young writer looking to get some clips.

3. NY Buckeye

NY Buckeye New Member

Just to address the payment issue: I recently began as the Managing Editor for NYC and the person who was responsible for invoicing payments is no longer here and was apparently not very timely. One of my additional responsibilities is to do the invoices for NYC writers and photogs. Having experienced payment issues myself in my career I will hound anyone and everyone relentlessly to make payments promptly after the story is published.

Draft saved Draft deleted