1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYC Advice needed...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BadgerBeer, Dec 1, 2006.

1. JackS

JackS Member

Puddles of puke, dudes whipping it out...where the heck in NYC do some of you people go? I've rarely seen the former, never the latter. And I'm here every day.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Mainly the Upper East Side, with a little Times Square thrown in.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Seriously, folks, the "new" Times Square looks like freaking Disneyland full of mediocre chain restaurants and artificial glitz.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Not a big fan, but I never saw the "old" Times Square.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Never did, either, but I was told it smelled like a urine-coated sewer.

You can blame/thank the Mouse for pumping money into the area, which resulted in the change.

6. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

If you're looking for some good mexican food, try Mi Nidito on 8th Ave., between 51st and 52nd.

Great food, very fresh ingredients, and it has about 40 different kinds of maragaritas.

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

All over the place, Jack. Saw a guy taking a leak at Sutton Place once. Given the address, couldn't believe my eyes. Saw someone take a dump on the sidewalk near Port Authority Bus Terminal once. It is a savage land.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Congrats to Cougar. Guess time has run out for a studly SportsJournalists.commer like me to sweep her off her feet. :D

I know the Sbarro crack was a joke, but I am convinced Sbarro is the pizza chain in hell. I used to like the place, because eating there meant we were at the big mall, and going to the big mall was a big freakin deal when you grew up in bumfuck. And when Sbarro opened on campus in 1994, I was like a pig in shit. It took my meal card!

But eating at that dump day in and day out has convinced me I'd rather starve than eat there ever again. Their rock-hard meatballs...their watery spaghetti sauce...their messy pizza with the odious pepperoni smell wafting thru the cafeteria. Yuck. Never again.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Niiiiiiiiice.

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

BYH.
    You had your chance. :D
    But thanks to your wisdom and insight, I will now avoid Sbarro like the plague. Regardless of where I may travel.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

That might be the only time the words "wisdom" and "insight" are used in a post relating to BYH.

But Sbarro does suck.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Still one more time than they're used in a post relating to Spnited! DICKHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Draft saved Draft deleted