1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYC Advice needed...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BadgerBeer, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Editude

Editude Active Member

Take the subway over to Brooklyn Heights. Some nice walking areas along the promenade and a bunch of good restaurants.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

An Italian sausage thin crust pizza is a casserole?

Chicago pizza IS NOT, I repeat, IS NOT that stuffed crap. Only tourists think it is.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Chicago pizza... perhaps the most overrated food item on earth.

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I think for Chicagoans it's like a badge of honor to like second-rate things things. They're, like, proud to admit they're Cubs fans! Hog butcher to the world -- what a crappy nickname for a city! Chicago pizza!

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Fuck. I hate taking the hook.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Had the best Greek dinner I've ever had at The Greek Islands in Chicago.

And, the most creative breakfast place I have ever been to is on Clark, about a mile and a half south of Wrigley.... called Orange.

The sauce-overdosed deep pizza pie is the only overrated thing to me about the city.

7. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

Try the Old Homestead on 9th Ave between W. 14th & W. 15th. Oldest steakhouse in NY. Plus, there's also a nice new comedy club around the corner of 9th and W. 14th called Comix. Lots of A-listers.

www.comixny.com

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Hey Frank,

I'm not a Cubs fan, and I do know good food, especially pizza.

P.S. New York sucks.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

One thing's for sure ... someone's a lucky, lucky man. Congrats, cougs!

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Isn't the Top of the Rock indoors?

I was bummed when I went to the Sears Tower deck and it was totally enclosed.

Nothing like being in the air up there on the Empire State Building outdoor deck (16 floors higher than TOTR). I would highly recommend that (there is also an enclosed area).

11. JackS

JackS Member

You can stay indoors or go outdoors at Top of the Rock.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I've eaten at Virgil's. My cousin works about two blocks from Times Square, and we met for lunch one day when I was in town. BBQ sandwiches piled high. He had a po'boy that also looked very good.

I liked it. Felt like we weren't sitting in Times Square...until we went back outside.

Also, keep your eye out for puddles of puke on the sidewalk. They pop up surprisingly often.

Draft saved Draft deleted