1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Times: Sosa said to test positive in 2003

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jun 16, 2009.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Who would he sue, the MLBPA? I'd love to see it.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

HE could sue MLB, charge they did it. Then discovery begins. Whoever is doing this leaking is suddenly a liability to many other people.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Re: Griffey, Thome & Pujols are sweating bullets: Sosa took PEDs

Sad, but inevitable. It's hard (if not impossible) to argue that Sosa would have been HOF material without the help.

I just hope every name gets out at some point.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

He'd need evidence MLB did it to get past a judge and allow them to even begin discovery.

6. Michael_ Gee

Baseball should treat drugs like they do at the racetrack. Put little letters indicating what the players are on under their lines in the scorecard. It'd be better than the Puritanism for Dummies show this issue has become.

7. Michael_ Gee

Why, Hammer? What earthly difference will the list make? As we see on this board, even if a big star ISN'T on the list, there are going to be plenty of people who'll say he's on the juice anyway.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What happnes first - Bin Laden is found or the list of 102 is released?

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Saddened, but not surprised, about Sosa.

What puzzles me is how this sport manages to maintain even a shread of credibility when one big name after another is implicated in this stuff? Now, obviously, I can't say for a fact that every single player is dirty. But there are so many who are, that how the heck can you tell anymore? It's guilt by association.

One sidenote: I saw somewhere this week that Manny Ramirez was among the leaders in the all-star voting. Manny Ramirez? Not only is the guy a complete goofball, but he's been suspended for more than 1/3 of the season for performance enhancing drugs. Who are the nutcases voting for him?

The whole sport has become a sham.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

You're right mark. Baseball is a sham and the NFL is the greatest league in the history of sports.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I believe All-Star voting opened before Ramirez was caught on May 7, and as such he probably garnered a lot of votes before that date.

What I will say is recently he was fourth in voting. After the latest update, he's sixth.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

50 < .333*162

Just sayin'. :p

Draft saved Draft deleted