1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Times: President Obama would be beheaded

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, May 12, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Fixed.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I don't get it. When people I know speak of bias in the Times, it's primarily in the editorials (where it belongs) and in the news (where t doesn't). In a guest contributor on the op-ed page? Who cares?

3. 2muchcoffeeman

Here's a problem with this one: I'm not certain it's accurate in its interpretation of Islamic law. Most people won't question it or bother to research it and I suspect there are people with vested interest in the outcome this fall who would be happy to take advantage of it.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Perhaps sj resident Mullah Chuck Taylor can clarify for us.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

She'd never be able to travel to a Muslim country, in that case.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Wait wait wait... So the times runs one neutral article about Obama and you throw that out there? At least wait for something better to drop that line.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

Neutral, my ass. Classic example of FUD, aka an appeal to fear or a logical fallacy in which a person attempts to create support for his or her idea by increasing fear and prejudice toward a competitor. "If you vote for Obama, it will be open season on the American president! Terrible! Vote for the safe old white guy!"

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The more I hear this stuff, the more I want to vote for Obama in the general election.

9. [blue] SEE! That was their plan all along, that conniving liberal media! [/blue]

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

It's called menopause.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I would be shocked in Hil hasn't gone through menopause.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Looks like you're right ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ali-eteraz/obama-islam-smear-changes_b_101337.html

"Islamic law recognizes abandonment by the biological father. Obama's Kenyan father abandoned Obama. As such, any religious imprimatur he may have had over Obama -- which is already a stretch since the man was an atheist -- is null and void. In such a situation, Obama's mother's religion is controlling. She was not Muslim. Even if someone makes the argument from patriarchy: that Obama's paternal grandparents were his rightful guardians, that would fail since they also constructively abandoned him."

Draft saved Draft deleted