1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Times Mag story on Adam Greenberg

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cousin Jeffrey, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I know ESPN did a piece on him, I didn't see it but I can imagine the anguished voice of the guy who did the JMac story tugging at my heartstrings, but NYTMag did a good piece on the scrappy Semite. If he's hitting .250 the Royals need to call his ass up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/25/magazine/25baseball.t.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

ESPN did this piece last week on Greenberg, FWIW. I hope Greenberg does well (coming from a Cubs fan).

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I was going to link this on the Good Writing thread, Jeffery, because some of the details the writer put in the story were excellent. Not sure how important the first-person stuff was from the Bearak, but it was a very good story.

4. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Yeah I wasn't sure where to put it. He did a great job of recreating the scenes. I thought the first-person stuff was a bit trite, but I think it worked in Bearak's case, especially in that he typically writes about much different, more "serious" news. I like the detail he put in about reading of Greenberg's injury in Thailand or wherever. And I love that his parents have the Jewish baseball player card set.

Draft saved Draft deleted