1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Times exodus to SI continues

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Birdscribe, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

So it's been eight years and, with this as a rabbit, no one has matched or topped it yet?

This is why we need writers on 'roids.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

IMO, the rest of the gamer minus the lede is great. I don't know why, but I feel the lede is a little bit overdone. If that wins you awards and gets you noticed, call me Captain Hyperbole.

3. Turbo

Turbo Guest

The lede was so overwritten, I stopped reading.

4. Jones

Jones Active Member

Given your handle, Turbo, I feel compelled to offer up some advice: In writing, as in humping, it's sometimes better to circle the object of your affection for a little while before trying to jam a fist up its ass.

5. Turbo

Turbo Guest

Maybe so, but circle too long, you won't get the chance to score. And while I generally think Selena is very good, she didn't score with me on this one.

6. thetypewriter

thetypewriter New Member

Nice, guys. Very classy.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Easy, my friend. The Jones was recently voted "Most Likely To Punch A Fella In The Face For Any Joke Whose Humo(u)r Depends On The Words 'Beavertail' Or 'Poutain'" by the readers of the Thunder Bay Edition of L'Esquire Du'Nord. He also holds the Partial Transverse Redaction of the Large Bowel Chair in Non-Fiction at the prestigious SportsJournalists.com Writers' Workshop, which is a wholly-owned academic subsidiary of the esteemed Can U Draw? Matchbook Art Schools, LLC. He knows whereof he speaks.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This post is beautiful on like 16 different levels.

I wouldn't trade it for two Selena Roberts leads an a Gary Smith anacdote to be named later.

9. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

That would be "poutine," my friend. You don't want to know what "poutain" means ;-)

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

And yet how can any Ottawa boulevardier have the one without longing for the other? SJ styleguide sez stet.

11. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

That is an excellent point, M. le Boulevardier - one only a male could possibly conceive of and make. ;-)

12. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

No. It really isn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted