1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Post World Series Coverage

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Gator_Hawks, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Why?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Not "funny Ha Ha," drip.
    Just interesting that the old man keeps going strong at age 87 and the kid retires at 62 or 63.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

I know what you mean. But I still found it odd that the old man is still drawing and even odder that the Daily News still runs his stuff. I really can't think of another paper with a sports cartoonist.

4. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Simple. Because it's Bill Gallo.

5. AD

AD Active Member

sorry, it's, "why wait? can the phony now!"

the explanation point is what got me. such joy in the rip -- no other paper rips with such obvious relish....

6. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

For me, it would have been better if any of the Philly rip stuff was actually funny, or even made sense.
    But I work for a Philly tabloid that will likely have somebody on newsside do something equally lame before the series ends, that also will not be either funny or clever.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Plus Vaccaro and The Great Hondo. Hondo's little blurb is the first thing I turn to daily for a laugh.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

There's only one tabloid in Philly.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not a fan, but I give their Hondo credit, he's an equal opportunity blaster. Unlike some other Hondos I know.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

exactly. the last of his breed. mock him all you'd like, kids, but he bill is a treasure to the ny daily news and will go when he says so. he's earned it.

full disclosure on bill gallo: i began my career as a copyboy at the snooze in '78 and he was always kind and generous with his time. i remember asking him once how long it took him to do one of his cartoons. he replied, "oh, maybe an hour or so... and about 30 years." guess he's now up maybe an hour or so.... and about 60 years.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yo, youse talkin bout me?

Draft saved Draft deleted