1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Post World Series Coverage

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Gator_Hawks, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Fuck the Post. See ya Gallo and this publication is living on borrowed time.

2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Gingerbread,

Sounds great. Define "reasonably early" for a game that won't end 'til midnight :)

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

They're open until 4! I wish I could be there. Haven't been to NY in a while. Had to cancel a trip this summer, and I had all kinds of new neighborhoods ready to explore.

But, yeah, the Post is fun. And I haven't met all of them and couldn't even name all of them, but every guy I have met who works at the Post has been a great guy. A lot of fun, too. I used to talk about how much I'd pay to sit in on one of their morning meetings. The shit when they were chasing The Guy's Ho? Must have been priceless.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Mushnick alone makes the Post worth reading.

Also a fan of Joel Sherman.

5. AD

AD Active Member

my favorite? when bobby valentine mused in 1999 that he'd be fired if the mets didn't win the playoffs. next morning's headline on tom keegan's column?

"why wait? can the phony now"

6. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

The Yankees are going to fly 90 miles to Philly? Or go by limo motorcade?

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

dunno that there is any "real" story, spnited. greg beat his dad to retirement, plain and simple. and the race is on to hire a replacement, with at least one nydn assistant sports editor chasing it hard.

oh, and ginger, hoist one for me in the wee hours after the game.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Just making the point that other NY papers weren't writing all serious baseball stuff, which the thread-starter seemed to want in his Tuesday Post.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Great wings!

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You don't want to meet at Milano's?

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They tried to get Victorino to pose for a photo with the offending newspaper cover:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Phillies-Shane-Victorino-not-amused-with-New-Yo;_ylt=AvOdX4dXSs0lckX6PPc1A0IRvLYF?urn=mlb,198583

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

I wondered what the story was about a new SE.
    I did find it funny that Greg retired in his early 60s and Bill is still drawing for the NYDN in his late 80s

Draft saved Draft deleted